If Smart Notifications is installed on two Shopify stores, you're able to send orders placed on one store to the other using a feature called Linked Store Orders.
To set up Linked Store Orders, you need to do two things. First, you need to set up the link between the two stores. Second, the sending store needs to create a notification that targets the receiving store.
To link two Shopify stores via Smart Notifications, follow the following steps:
- Ensure that Smart Notifications is installed on both the store you want to send orders from (the Sending Store) and the store you want to receive those orders (the Receiving Store).
- From the Smart Notifications home screen on the Sending Store, click "Settings" from the top-right menu bar.
- Under the "Linked Stores" section, click "Add linked store". In the page that appears, provide the URL of the Receiving Store and click "Save". There will now be a pending link request with the receiving store.
- Swap to the Smart Notifications home screen on the Receiving Store and click "Settings" from the top-right menu bar.
- You should see the Sending Store listed under "Store Requests". Click "Accept" to complete the link between the two stores.
Note: in some instances, users have reported issues when editing Smart Notification settings on two different stores within the same browser. If you're running into issues, please try managing one store's settings from one browser (eg Chrome) and the other store's settings from another browser (eg Safari) or an incognito window.
Creating a linked store order notification
Once you've followed the above steps, you will have the option on the Sending Store to select "Linked store order" as a Notification Method in the "Notification output" section of the Notification page. Once you select "Linked store order" from the dropdown, a list of available stores will appear on the right.
Once you've selected the appropriate store and clicked "Save", orders matching the notification criteria will automatically be created on the target store.